Today in History September 18th - 12 facts
published on September 18, 2017 by Tina Hecht
- 1793 George Washington lays the foundation stone for the U.S. Capitol.
- 1837 - Tiffany & Co. was founded in New York City.
- 1929 Charles Lindbergh takes off on a 10,000 mile air tour of South America.
- 1938 Chicago Bears beat Green Bay Packers 2-0
- 1941 - German bombers killed more than 1,000 Russians when they bombed Leningrad.
- 1955 - The "Ed Sullivan Show" began on CBS-TV. The show had been "The Toast of the Town" since 1948.
- 1966 - Gemini X is launched
- 1983 - The album "Lick It Up" was released by KISS.
- 1984 - Michael Jackson won Best Overall Performance Video for "Thriller" at the inaugural MTV Video Music Awards.
- 1990 - Atlanta is chosen to host 1996 (centennial) Summer Olympics
- 1997 - Seve Ballesteros and Nick Faldo were elected to World Golf Hall of Fame.
- 2009 - The 72 year run of the soap opera The Guiding Light ends as its final episode is broadcast.
All information found in this blog post is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Real estate listing data is provided by the listing agent of the property and is not controlled by the owner or developer of this website. Any information found here should be cross referenced with the local county and state organizations.